Saturday, December 04, 2004

illegal shifts and being threatened with an "ass whoopin"

Well there's days at work where it's ok, even the days when I have to get in the fucking suit are ok. But not when I go 8 hours without a break when it was the busiest day I've seen in a long time. And then there was the asshole that said "you're lucky I didn't give you an ass whoopin'" after I apologized for not saying please when I asked his hellions to stay behind the rope. I applied to several jobs online tonight, as soon as I get another job, better pay or not, I am fucking gone from that place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I would tell you it's all gonna be ok, but that would be a damn filthy lie. So, instead, I recommend... ok, I got nothing, but look on the bright side, at least it pays you money.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shitty jobs build character. I vaguely remember all kinds of difficult people. Like that guy who was pissed off that I gave him exactly 4 ounces of ice cream on his cone - like my boss told me to. He hemmed and hawed and eventually asked to speak to a manager. She weighed the cone and backed me up. I should have just globbed on an extra 2 ounces to shut him up. I'm sure he forgot about the whole thing 5 minutes after he walked out the door. I, for some reason, choose to remember it to this day, 15 years later. Consider it motivation to find your passion/direction in life. :)

- Tyldak

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Webcomics I read

Patches